Sunday, July 6, 2008

Food food food!!!

OMG!! I love mom so much. She's really sweet. She asked her friend that went to Australia for work to bring home this....
My favourite potato chips!!!! I can't find them here. I used to ate them when I went to Melbourne to visit my sister. It's really good. BBQ and sour cream will be my favourite flavour :) Thank you mummy. You're the best. (She wanted to give me a surprise I guess because she called my sister to ask her the brand of the chips instead of me :) AWwww... sayang mummy )

This week was filled with... outings (at least from the middle till the end of the week)... hehe. Let's start


Wednesday night was premier of Hancock with Kitt-y, Kinn-y and friend, Keat, Chai, Sis and Andrew. Before that we had dinner at MFM. As usual, baked fish with garden herb and salad. Ahhh.... good food with great company. The movie was quite funny, at least for me. I love Will Smith. He's a really good actor. The show was okay. It was like the Superman type where Will Smith can fly and save the world and bla bla bla bla. Haha. Anyway, since this was premier, we had to leave our handphones and cameras before we go into the cinema. First experience ( kampung betul ).


Thursday afternoon is the day of trying new restaurant and also new food. Me and Kitt-y visited Bubba Gump Restaurant at The Curve. I read about this restaurant from Seventeen magazine. (22 edi still read 17.. but the clothes from 17 magazine are cheaper than Cleo okay although it's getting more expensive now) This restaurant has something to do with the movie Forrest Gump. I never watch this movie before. The movie was constantly showing in that restaurant though. It has something to do with Tom Hanks, war, shrimps and running. So, this restaurant can be considered famous for shrimps.



This is a steel stand that can be found on each table. When you need a waiter for service, you will have to flip the steel plate to Stop Forrest Stop. A waiter will notice this sign and will come to your table. The default sign will be Run Forrest Run. This way, you don't have to raise/wave your hand when you need service from a waiter. In my opinion, maybe this restaurant don't have enough waiter cause even though we flip the thing to Stop Forrest Stop, we still need to attract attention of the waiter for the bill. Hahahahaha.

I think this is one of the clothes used in the movie. You can still see mud stain at the front of the shoe. Haha.

They use number plates from US for decorations. So cute... hehe



This the logo for the restaurant (I guess). It was found on the table :)


Mr Kitt-y


This is a menu for desserts and drinks. Hehe. Cute right?

The menu!! Their specialities are shrimps but they serve poultry as well.

Our food and drinks. The salad's shrimp was very good. It was grilled if I'm not mistaken. The 4 different shrimps were mostly fried but with different batter. There was one that was boiled and chilled. Not my favourite actually. But the portions are really big. The drink was a bit too sour for me. Luckily they put in a lot of ice so that when the ice melt, the drink will not be that sour. Haha. They have a special cup that you can buy home. It's the shape of the steel shaker that you can find from a bar but it's in plastic. I forgot how much it is but it's very nice :)

On Friday, me and my family attended a charity dinner organised by Bukit Jalil Morning Golfers. Dad is one of the member. The dinner is to collect money for the Sichuan victims. This has to be the latest fund collection for the earthquake victims. Haha. But they managed to raise RM200k that night. Generous people eh :P

Saturday night, I paid Vincent a visit at Mid Valley because I need his help for my report. I don't know how to use the SPSS programme. In the end, I have to wait for my senior which did the same project to come back from her vacation to ask her how she generate her results. We went for dinner. Vincent was really nice. I asked him what he wants to eat for dinner and he answered "I want to eat something that you have never eat before". Awww... so sweet. Our first choice was this Taiwan restaurant but there was a long queue. So we changed to Paddington House of Pancakes. Both of us wanted to try this restaurant for a long time but we can't find suitable people to go with. Don't get me wrong. Kitt-y wanted to try this restaurant with me before but usually we end up choosing another restaurant :) I wanted to try this restaurant first because if it's not good, I won't recommend to Kitt-y. Hahaha.

Our food for that night. We ordered one with meat and another with pancakes so that we can share the food. The steak was really good. It was really juicy. Vincent told me a story about his raving for passion fruit. We choosed this steak because the sauce was made of passion fruit. Haha. It's funny to see Vincent's happy face :) The second dish consists of fruits, pancakes and ice cream. This was really good too. Ice cream paired with pancakes.... good combo. I realised this shop serves a lot of pancakes, peaches and bananas. Hehe. We ordered drinks.... and Vincent ordered something with passion fruit in it. Haha. This meal is really addictive. By looking at these 2 photographs, I'm hungry and craving for another meal at PHOP again.... Kitt-yyyyyy I want I want I want

Today is Sunday. Me and my family will be attending a wedding dinner at Damansara later. Haha.

I realised that I had great food for the past few days with great people. Especially my family and my Kitt-y. I'm blessed!!! Thank you all very much.

A big surprise coming up this coming week. I'm very very very happy!!! Weeee......

Okay... enough blogging and more studying... Pharmacology, here I come... again :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want i want !!!
sob sob..but no god bless me~
haha..anyway...

i am interested with the Bubba Gump. Hmm..the price range?

Yasha said...

Hey girl! You should watch the movie Forrest Gump, you'll understand everything they do in the restaurant including their deco. About two months ago, I realized it was open here in KL. I was so so so happy that I was skippin and jumping at The Curve. =) Coz this is one of the restaurant I used to go when I was in Hawaii. And girl, this restaurant isn't even available all over the US. So consider ourselves lucky that it is available here. Hehehe.

MUAKS

Clarissa said...

yummy junk!!!