Sunday, July 5, 2009

Popeye the Sailor Fried Chicken

I just reached home from Ice Age 3. Is it me or the movie is quite boring. Maybe it's always about the big mammoth always saving other creature's life. There are a few funny scenes though. I think it's better than Ice Age 2. Next movie will be Harry Porter :) This time I'll be watching with my collegues after work on Saturday, I guess. The main organizer will be me and David. Hehe. Anybody want to join?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday is my off day but I went back to the office for one problematic case. Somehow, it has created a lot of problems to us. When I reached the office, there were a lot of discharge files piling up on the table. So I stayed back till 7pm to help clear off all the files.

Anyway, I went to this new place with Alex for lunch. I read about this place in other blog and it sounds kind of nice. It's called Popeye, located in TTDI. It's concept is quite similar to KFC.




This is what we ordered. A chicken set and a fish & shrimp set. The number is for our fish & shrimp. Let's start with the chicken first.



In my opinion, each piece of chicken is quite big in size. We ordered 3 pieces of chicken and luckily there is one chicken breast for me among them. Hehe. I can't really differentiate the spicy from the non spicy because the colour is exactly the same ( it is either that or I'm colour blind!! ). The taste, well, I would think that it' so-so only. KFC is still way better. Maybe it's because the flying flour is tasteless. But, the chicken breast meat is quite juicy. Unlike certain chicken breast that is very hard and dry.





Tadaaaa. The fish and shrimp set. I prefer this than the chicken, although the batter is still the same for both chicken and fish. The prawns were extremely fresh though. I think SW can take this one. Hehe. Ohhh yeah, I forgot to introduce the cookie. In our opinion, it's actually more like a bun than a cookie but it's really really good when it's warm. Something similar to those bread found in Tony Romas. Each set comes with coleslaw and mashed potato. The coleslaw taste a bit weird, maybe it's because they put pickle into it. The mashed potato is really really good. The gravy has some minced meat in it. Yummy :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
After lunch, both of us went to this place for drinks. It's called Food Foundry. The interior of the restaurant is really nice. Perfect for drinks with a group of friends and in my case, gossips session with my gals :) I miss them so much alrady. Each of them are busy with their own stuff. Haihhh....

The menu. Their menu is actually quite cute. It's like those chart that you can find in hospitals, hanging at the end of patient's bed. Then the nurse/doctor will have to flip the paper upwards to write patient's stats on it. Ahhh, you know what I mean :)
The first thing that attracted both of my eyes when I entered the restaurant was this...





CREPPE!!!! Omg. I am always craving for the one that I had in Malacca and I'm very happy to found this in KL too. BUT!!!! The one in Malacca is still the best, so far. The one in Food Foundry, well, for me it's not soft enough. I browsed through the menu and found a few interesting food. Will be there again for their main course though :)
~BuHBaI~


1 comment:

Vien said...

anyway thanks for ur helpful hand. it does release much burden among us.. thanks you very much.. muak~