Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy 2011!!

I know it is a little bit late to wish you all a happy new year but still, for me, the whole month of January is worth wishing people that we care a happy and healthy new year. To end year 2010, me and my friends went over to Port Dickson for BBQ by the beach. As usual, the girls went early to get ready all the things and joined by the guys later. We booked a 3 room apartment where all the girls and partners stayed for the night. Initial plan of games and drinks were cut short to sleep as all of us were very tired and exhausted after a whole day of preparing all the stuffs. All of us went there early since 31st of December was declared a public holiday after Malaysia won the soccer competition 2 nights before.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

View from our apartment. We rented a private apartment equipped with Astro, air conditioner and cooking utensils. There is a private beach in front of our apartment but Wai Leng said it will be too dark at night to bbq there as there are actually not much light around that area. So we went to the public beach where there will be more people around and with lamp posts along the beach. Easier to tell whether our meat is raw, cook or burnt. Hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This is me, burning the charcoal. The other pit was handled by Deane and Guy. I love this part of BBQ very much. I brought the fan all the way from home!! Hahaha. Semangat berkobar-kobar lor.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

The view from our BBQ place. Very romantic. This is the main reason which made me and Calvin to go somewhere with beach for our next vacation. Hopefully somewhere around middle of the year. Krabi perhaps? Hmmm……

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Guys looking like a big boss while Deane being the servant cooking food (in this case, charcoal) for him. Hahaha.

 

RIMG0021

Some of the food that we had that night. We ordered lamb cutlets, pigs in the blanket, cheese stuffed mushroom, mini juicy lucy burgers, rolling pins, chicken wings, garlic butter, stuff jacket potatoes, bacon and garden salad. My favourite will be cheese stuffed mushroom, rolling pins and chicken wings. The food were marinated very nicely but a little bit expensive for me. But since non of us were free to do the shopping and marinating job, we will have to pay more for someone else to do it. Hehe. This is my first time BBQ different type of food besides chicken wings and hot dog. Worth the experience.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This is Mei Yee moon tanning. Hahaha. She don’t read my blog, so it’s okay that I post this photograph. I guess by this time, she will be happily doing her air stewardess duty somewhere. Congrats girl!!!

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

After BBQ and packing, we headed to the beach. I guess we were too old or tired to think of any games to play. The sand was very cold that night, so I asked TW to help cover my foot with sand. Everybody then started to bury me with sand, which was “super fun” at that moment. The guy in red was actually Kian Shen. His technique of “splashing” me with sand was one of the most un-enjoyable moment of 2010. Haha.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

The end product. Everyone looking very happy, especially the boys. Check our the brotherly pose by Guy and Vince on the left. So…… man. Haha.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

After that, I freed myself from the sand and sat down on the beach. Wai Leng, Vince and Pui See decided to dance around me as if they were going to cook me or sacrifice me for some ritual thingy. This is the third funniest game of the night. The second will be when the girls decided to play burung helang catching anak ayam hiding behind ibu ayam. Note to self: plan games for the next outing. Hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

We ended the night with fireworks. Deane and Guy brought along fireworks and I asked Wai Leng to help me and Calvin take a photograph of us under the fireworks. The picture above is actually 2 different photographs photoshop into one. Wai Leng managed to snap a photograph of us but the firework was directly on top of us, so we can’t see it. TW on the other hand managed to take a photograph of us with the firework but her hands were extremely shaky when she took the photographs. Both me and Calvin look super blur in all the photographs. So, Calvin combined two photographs together to create the outcome as above. Haha.

We headed to Malacca the next morning for brunch. Will blog about the yummy Nyonya food that we had later on.

~BuHBaI~

No comments: