Monday, April 4, 2011

Ajisen Ramen

After so many times walking by this restaurant, finally gave Ajisen Ramen a try for brunch over the weekend. Calvin has been here a few times with his sister but this is my first time. I am not a big fan of ramen, I don’t know why. Maybe I can’t slurp the noodle up like the Japanese do to show that the noodle is good. I can only put them on the spoon and eat from there. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the noodle but I just don’t know how to slurp and I don’t want to. It’s so not our culture, at least my family’s culture. Mom would scold us for eating like that. Have to be polite and graceful all the time, even when eating noodle.

 

DSCN0727

Their cute logo which reminds me of Chun Li from Street Fighters.

 

DSCN0728

DSCN0729

The shop was closed down previously for renovation. Since I have never been there before, I couldn’t tell what is the difference before and after renovation.

From the menu, they have ramen, bento and other Japanese food. Mostly in ala carte style. I was having this painful gum problem so I could not chew properly without the stinging pain on my gum. I totally lost appetite on food for a few days that that period of time.

 

DSCN0730

DSCN0731

So I suggested to order one portion of food to be shared. Calvin must be very hungry that day (as usual.. he’s always hungry.. hehe) because he ordered additional unagi sushi. I guess he will never let go a chance to eat unagi at any Japanese restaurant that he visits. N.E.V.E.R!!! Anyway, the chicken ramen turns out to be so so but the unagi sushi was very cold. Definitely not my type of sushi. To be fair, I will be back again to try their best seller ramen before banning them forever (as in giving them a place in my “No Good” photo folder).

Wedding update: The date has been set but I am still very nervous for the upcoming dinner between our parents. I wonder what will happen that night. Just hope that everything will be alright at the end of the dinner and everyone is happy and I can be the a beautiful bride. Thank you god….

~BuHBaI~

No comments: