Monday, April 11, 2011

CNY Purple Cane dinner

Yes, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the title. The only thing that’s wrong will be me. I totally forgot about the dinner I had at Purple Cane during Chinese New Yea 2011. It was also the day that I choose something special and pretty for myself. Hehe.

I went to Purple Cane few years back with my sister. The one that I went to is near Chinatown. Sis told me that it’s one of her favourite hang out place with friends during secondary school. I know why because it’s air conditioned and quiet there. Perfect place to talk, in Chinese way as they serve different types of chinese tea. Over the years, I forgot about this place as I rarely go Chinatown area. I was not even aware that there’s an outlet at The Gardens.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

It is located at lower ground,  near the Cold Storage supermarket. The restaurant is decorated nicely, mainly with teapots and cups/mugs. Wooden chairs and tables in different shapes and colour at every corner and section of the table. I felt like dining in those restaurant from the TVB old movies. Haha.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

The lady in the menu actually reminds me of Olive, Popeye’s girlfriend. Haha.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Chinese New Year dinner will never be complete without yee sang as appetizer. The yee sang was actually quite good, with pear. This year, all the yee sang that I had during Chinese New Year have pear in them. I guess to give some sweet and crunchy flavour to the dish, which is a good idea. Hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Our dishes for the night. We did not order the set meal because not we don’t really the dishes in the set. So each of us order one dish. The combination turned out to be quite good. They added some tea leaves into a few dishes like the prawn. Seriously, I can’t really taste the tea leaves or any tea flavour from the dishes. Maybe that’s because I didn’t eat much at I ate a lot of yee sang at the first place. Hehe. But I managed to taste all of the dishes and all of them are actually quite good. Light and not too salty.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This teapot contains … nope, not tea. But soup!! They have a few choices of soup to choose from. I totally forgot that I ordered that night. All I can remember that the soup was quite good as well. Light and not oily at all. Love the way they serve the soup as the soup was still hot even though I drank it after the meal. Brilliant!!

Overall, I am very satisfied with the dinner that night. Everything was just light and yummy. After dinner, we went to Delicious for drinks and dessert and more talking.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Trip to Delicious will not be complete without my favourite Pavlova. But still, the one that I had in Australia is still the best of the best. I miss my aunty’s pavlova very much…

~BuHBaI~

No comments: