Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Restaurant Hua Xing–my birthday dinner with family

I am those type of girl who always reminds my parents that my birthday is just around the corner every year without fail. And every year my dad will give me the same response, “Really ah?!?? Then I make you 2 red eggs lo”, without fail as well. This year he added, “Let me treat you for dinner. What do you want to eat?”. Yippie. Of course I opted for really good food and since it was with my parents, I can only go for Chinese food. Dad brought mum and 2 poh family for dinner a week earlier and I was unable to tag along. Hence I requested to dine there as mum said the food was really good.

The name of the Restaurant is Hua Xing and it is located at Sungai Way. The direction is very simple, turn left to Sungai Way from the Federal Highway if you are coming from Subang. As you go up the slope, there will be one row of shops on your left. Turn left at the end of the row of shops and there will be another row of shops at the back. The restaurant is at the 1st floor. There are several Indian shops at the ground floor.

 

IMAG0800IMAG0801

Part of the menu is dishes where you can normally find at a typical chinese restaurant. The other part is the restaurant’s specialty and to me, those are really rare dishes, especially those that involves bitter gourd. I am relieved that we did not had any that night.

 

IMAG0802IMAG0803

The restaurant and the chef are very famous and have been featured countless times on newspaper, both Chinese and English. Famous food shows like Ah Xian has visited this place as well. Me and Pooh may be the last people to know about this place Sad smile

 

IMAG0804

This is Hokkien Braised Pork with Alkaline Kuih. Unlike the Dong Po meat from Esquire Kitchen, the pork is served with a cold sticky tasteless kuih. I love the pork as it was stew until very soft and the sauce was just right. The kuih reminded me of mochi. Haha.

 

IMAG0806

Fried Pak Gor has never been my favourite noodle all this while and this is no exception. But Calvin said this is very nice, better than the one that we usually have.

 

IMAG0807

This is my favourite dish for the whole night. I finished nearly half of the plate on my own. It’s Thai Style Lady Fingers; which is actually lady fingers with shredded cucumber and some other things which I forgot, with sweet and sour sauce. Very yummy. Me like Smile

 

IMAG0809

I forgot what this is as this is not what Dad wanted to order initially. The boss explained that this is Fried Potato Flour Noodle (or is it Fried Tapioca Flour Noodle). I really cannot remember. Physically, it looks like Char Kuey Teow but the noodle is semi transparent and sliced thinner. Looked ordinary but it tasted very good. My favourite noodle of the night!!

 

IMAG0810

I think this is Fried Spring Roll but I have no idea what is in it. All I know that this is very yummy as well. At least they did not stuff pork’s internal organ into it, where most of the fried spring roll that I had in the past do.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my birthday dinner but would be better if we have more dishes to go with white rice as I was really looking forward to try other dishes. We were lucky to get a table indoor as me and Pooh reached early. You can call to reserve a table if you come in a bigger group. Else, you will have to sit at the balcony.

I guess it would be better to have all the good food before my birthday as one day after my birthday is the big day!! I am excited to put the dress on as it is really very pretty Smile

~BuHBaI~

No comments: