Sunday, September 5, 2010

Universal Studio Singapore

Finally!! Instead of just standing at the main entrance of the USS, we actually went inside this time. Too bad sis and Brandon koko not with us this time. But then paktor-ing with Calvin alone is much more romantic. He can’t help laughing at me being silly during the scary rides. Can’t blame him when I told him I closed my eyes during the whole ride and missed all the ghosts trying grab me. Haha.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

The famous Universal Studio globe turning round and round at the entrance. I think we were quite lucky during the trip to Singapore. Will talk more about it later. For me, the first luck will be mist coming underneath the globe which made this photo really good. Hehe. Oh yeah, both me and Calvin have a camera each on that day. Me being the noob one just used the point and shoot one while he brought along his 2nd wife. Really a good idea as we can take photographs of whatever we want, whenever we want. Hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              This is a simple map of what the USS looks like. The more detailed one can be obtained from the smaller map for visitors. It has details of what rides/shows at each park and also what restaurant is at that place. I was really impressed with the food selection because each park has different restaurant. You can hardly find the same food in the other park. They even have buffet in one of the park. With wide range of food selection, both me and Calvin have a hard time on choosing what to eat :p

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              We were told to collect our vouchers when we entered the park. We have no idea what vouchers are those because we did not read anything about vouchers when we bought the tickets online. We were surprised that they gave each of us SGD5 for food and SGD5 for shopping. It is not much but then you will have at least something to bring back from this place. Really a good idea. Shopping in USS is like revisiting childhood memories. Both me and Calvin shared our silly childhood memories and laughed at each other about it. I know Calvin has this thing for Jurassic Park. Ngek ngek ngek.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This has to be my favourite store in USS because, well, it’s pink in colour. Really pretty. I bought a Betty’s zipper thingy to put on my red bag. It’s really cute. Plus, it was spotted by one of the performance of one Hollywood show that we watched. They were dancing and singing around the theatre and there is actually an empty next to me. One of the female performer suddenly sat next to me and said that she loves my bag colour and saw the Betty zipper. I was in total shock that I have this O_O look on my face when she was talking to me. After a few O_O answers from me, she has to rush back to the stage and continue with her performance again. OMG!!! Damn funny lor. Haha.

 

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

First stop will

be the Madagascar land.  There is one show there but it’s still under construction. So we just took photographs of the place. It’s really pretty. I love the ship in the middle of the place. They have places for people to take photographs with the mascot and also a staff that will help you to take the photograph. That’s pretty much about this place. Since the thing is still under construction, we headed straight to….

 

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              The Far Far Away land. Hehe. The castle is pale pink in colour. Inside the castle is the 4D show. Good thing about USS is they have crowd control. Which means we don’t have to queue long for each ride/show. The queue may look long but then each show can accommodate a lot of people at one time. As for the rides, it’s a really quick and they have a few carriages. It’s really faster this way. Furthermore, they have a lot of fans at the queue area so it’s not that hot or stuffy during queues. They do really think of the people very much. Everything is just so convenient and comfortable.

 

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This is Shrek’s house. I think there is a ride or something inside but somehow the both of us skipped this. We have totally forgotten about it. Hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

RIMG0047

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This is us in the 4D show. Before they actually let us in the hall for the show, we were briefed by a staff on what we cannot do during the show and what kind of show that we will be watching. I don’t want to spoil about the whole show but then I think it’s not as good as the one in HK Disneyland. But then it’s still really nice to watch. The thing that is better than HK Disneyland is the seat actually move along together with the show. The show is about Shrek wanted to save Fiona from the evil ghost. Quite funny though.

 

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

After that, we headed for the roller coaster ride which is suitable for little kids too. It’s not very scary but then quite fast, I should say. There is actually a booth that is super cute. There’s a drunk gingerbread man inside. Haha. Really cute, like my Pooh :) hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              This is something what we can see from the airport about the flights departing and arriving. Really cute right. It’s called The Enchanted Airways. Haha.

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

What we were riding is actually a dragon. I think this is the donkey’s wife and there’s even a little dragon at the front. Hehe. The ride was just okay but I like the part that adults and children can take the ride together where both can enjoy it together. Hehe.

 

After that, we walked to the opposite direction and went to the Hollywood section. We thought we could make it on time for the show. But when we arrived, the show has actually started. Hence, we walked around at the Hollywood area and entered the Steven Spielberg show to experience how they produce hurricane from a studio.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This is the original set before it starts. I think Wai Leng, Vince and Pui See will love this place because it’s about movie production. I thought this would be some boring show. I mean I am more to the movie person rather than the production/behind the scene person. But I was proven wrong because this is really an awesome set. There were a lot of surprises here and there. Absolutely amazing.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

After that, we headed to the Future park. I can’t believe Calvin has never heard of the movie Back To The Future. Tsk tsk tsk. There is this scary looking roller coaster at this section but it’s under maintenance. I read from the mini map that there’s actually two type of ride. The red track and the blue track. After watching Final Destination, I did not complaint about roller coaster under maintenance any more. Safety first people. Besides that, I will have another reason to visit USS again!!! This time, hopefully with sis and Brandon koko before sis’s pregnancy.

 

Next park will be The Mummy park. This place has the most amazing indoor roller coaster ride ever. It’s totally out of the expectation. And ya ya ya, this is also the ride where I close my eyes during the whole ride. It’s really scary. From the entrance to the ride. The walk towards the roller coaster area is scary enough. Initially I have no idea it’s a roller coaster ride but then before entering, the staff told us that it’s a very fast ride so we were not allowed to bring out bags inside. They have lockers for us to put our belongings just beside this place. Good thing is the locker is free for rent for the first 30 minutes. Awesome!!!!

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Well, as usual, no details about the ride. But trust me, it’s really good. They even have people dressing up according to the themes of the park to take photographs with the visitors. They are quite scary looking but lucky Calvin has one of “egypt ppl” stare directly at his camera for a nice shot. Haha.

 

Next park will be Calvin’s favourite. Jurassic Park.

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

RIMG0092c

RIMG0092d

RIMG0092e

RIMG0092f

We took another ride here which left me, the only person in the carriage soaked wet even though we bought a raincoat each. Those without raincoat were quite dry compare to me. Luckily I closed my eyes before the water splashed on me, or else I might lose my contact lense. Ain’t telling you what the ride is about. All I can advise if to buy a rain coat and leave your belongings in the locker provided. Don’t worry, the locker is key-less. We just have to enter some of our personal data to lock and unlock the locker. Another considerate part of USS. Love it.

 

After so much ride, the both of us were hungry and a little bit exhausted. We decided to have our lunch and rest a little. We actually wanted to eat at the Jurassic Park food court but the queue is crazy. We headed to pizza instead :P both me and Calvin love pizza very much.

 

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

One slice of pizza for Calvin, Caesar’s Salad for me and BBQ chicken wings for sharing. Food was amazingly delicious. Love the BBQ chicken wings the most. Calvin’s slice of pizza was huge. It’s bigger than my face but then I have a small face. Haha. Anyway, after eating and non stop chatting, we continued our fun.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                                We went to watch the Water world show. I should congratulate the staffs there as the show was really good. This place is not really big but they managed to pull of a show with boats, jet ski and guns. Really nice to watch. I have never watch the movie before but I know it involves a lot of fighting for land or something. Watch this show and you will have a slight idea on what the movie is about.

 

After that, we went shopping and walked another round at USS again because I wanted to choose the best thing to bring home from USS.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                                We were on shopping mode that time hence not much photographs of the souvenirs shop. I bought the Betty’s zipper thingy and earrings. Calvin bought a keychain from Jurassic Park. I bought some girl staffs for my aunty and cousin’s daughters.

That’s all about the USS experience that we had. It was absolutely fun and nice. We went back to my aunty’s place by free shuttle bus. The good thing about Singapore is their public transport is really convenient.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

These shuttle buses will stop mostly at the MRT station. How cool is that?? I love Singapore very very much. Everything there is very convenient. I hope that one day KL will be as cool as Singapore.

Got to stop now. Calvin is on his way to my house. I think we are going to see JJ Lin tonight. Wooohooo. Excited.

~BuHBaI~

No comments: