Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cheaters

William : Yeah... influenced by you. Haha.
cg : You ar .... the blur blur and weird weird and naughty naughty one lor.... what else??
mktan : You are talking about the morning one or evening one or both? Hehe. I heard you are back eh? Oh, my friend said he read it from some chinese newspaper. Agree with your logic thinking but what if the uncles that want such services, the secret weapon cannot stand edi? Maybe just touch touch will do... HAHAHAHA!!! Wai Leng teach me one :P

2 poh and 2 kong from Ipoh visited us yesterday since both of their children are studying in KL now. We went to Port Klang for dinner. Long way drive there just for the seafood. Haha. During dinner, the main topic of chatting was the newest tricks people used to cheat other people's money. The most "in" method nowadays is through hynotize a person and ask for valuebles. They said that there were those lady from China or others who would approach you and ask you anything. Once you stare into her eyes or answer her or she managed to hold any part of the body (please don't think hamsup part okay), you will be hynoptize and will follow every single instruction that she has given you. Even though if she ask you to give her all your money and at that time you don't have money, she will ask you go home and search for valuebles and pass it to her. Those examples are really scary. Whatever excuses that they use to approach you are very common-everyday-life-questions. "Excuse me, how do I get to this place?", "Excuse me, your bag/shoes/whatever on you is very nice. Where did you get it?", "I need your help in ... Can you help me?", "Do you have small change?" and etc. Normally, I would answer/help them if I know the answer or I'm capable of helping. But mom always tell me stories about such cases and warned me never talk to strangers especially when I'm alone. When someone talk to you, it is better if you just walk away from the different direction. If they chase you, run!! Haha. Sounds funny but in Ipoh there were cases where children are involved. 2 women and 1 child went around different places in Ipoh to cheat money. If you are hynoptize, you will only become conscious when someone call your name or the person who hynoptize you are no longer left.

Second method, where my mum and dad nearly kena and grandma kena is where people come into your house, ask you simple questions. After that they will tell you that you won prizes. Will ask you to let them in the house or give them some money so that they can give you the prize money. In mum and dad case, they said they don't want the prize and let them have the prize. My grandmother who is not so fortunate has been cheated of money. They usually target housewives and old people. So mum said next time when anybody calling from the gate, just pretend that they are nobody home and don't answer. They will leave eventually.

Third method is similar in second method but involves sms and phone calls. I've received one phone call where a woman who claims that she's calling from China and asked me something. Due to my banana-ness, I have no idea what she is saying so I hung up like 10 seconds later. Before that, I heard about such cases from friends, mum (of course) and read about similar case in Kenny Sia's blog. They will ask ask ask and ask you to deposit money into xxx account then you will get some prize.

I really wonder why do people trust such things cause if you won something, you should get it and you don't have to pay for anything. These cheaters know a few facts. People are greedy and stupid at the same time. Hence, they will attack us from these two factors. Maybe the word "prizes" and "win" are 2 powerful words where people will do anything to get them. But can't blame most of the poeple, especially old people like my grandparents. Sometimes they are just blur and don't know much about anything. They are easily convinced because most of the time, these cheaters are very professional in their things till they can talk very professionally and confidently. Aihh.... just hope that no one I know will be victims of such cases anymore. Please be careful ya!!!

And to those cheaters, I hope that you can sleep well everynight since you are taking something that people work very hard to earn and keep. Don't take people's kindness and sympathy to you for granted. What goes around, comes around.

Got to study for Pharmaco lab test.

~BuHBaI~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jie..
i tot u forgot already..
miss u so much..
u and kitt more lovely..
can see u too like husband & wife liaw...
hehehe..

when we have faith & meet again? =p

=chuan guan= said...

u da1 easy kena cheatlo..whahaa....