Friday, August 29, 2008

Japanese food... yummy~~

Chika chika: I missed you and your gang too. Luckily I came across your blog the other day or else I won't know that you were engaged. Congrats!!

Interior of U Zen Japanese Restaurant in Concorde Hotel. This if the front part. The front part are tables with red sofas. Then there is the Sushi Bar. Behind it will be the table for 2 and 4 persons. The last part is 2 huge tables enough got 8 to 10 person. The huge table are made of railway track wood, by the way. It's huge!!!



Kitt-y's mum asked me to go for Japanese buffet the other night. Due to little attendance, we changed to Japanese Restaurant instead. We visited U Zen Japanese Restaurant that was located in Concorde Hotel. This is one of my few favourite restaurant. Hehe. They ordered sashimi, sushi and some maki that night. Since I can't take in raw food, I never touched the sashimi and sushi. The soft shell crab maki was really good. I preferred this over hand roll because the portion is just fine as appetizer. I will not be able to finish my main course if I have a hand roll earlier. Kitt love the butterfish sashimi!! He never failed to have 1 everytime he visits this restaurant. Not all Japanese restaurant serves butterfish sashimi. This is why he loves U Zen so much. Haha. Sorry, no photos of the appetizers because were too busy talking and admiring the food. Hehe.

Here are some of the main course. All of them are very nice. The portion is very filling too.


Teppanyaki beef!! This will be one of my favourite because the beef is cooked till medium well and the middle part is still pink in colour. The texture is not too hard for chewing. Love it.


Unagi!! I love Unagi very much. Although it is eel and eel looks like snake which is my worst nightmare, Unagi tasted just like fish. Hahahaha. Good good.


Chicken teriyaki will be one of the most ordered main course for me when I first visit any Japanese Restaurant. My theory would be if the simple chicken teriyaki doesn't taste good, I will not come to this restaurant again. The main factor will be the teriyaki sauce. Hahaha. Anyway, this was really good.

Above mentioned are not my main course. They were other people main course but I love them too. My main course will be....


Cod fish!!! Omg. This flesh of the fish was really sweet. It was grilled right till it turns golden brown and... ohhhh the wow-factor is still the sweetness of the fish. It is really really really good.

Another favourite dish of mine in this japanese restaurant is this beef burger patty, Japanese style. It is not available all the time. If you are lucky, it will be featured as the lunch set that day. If you visited this Japanese Restaurant and it was lunch set for the day, you must try it. It's really good.

Finally, entertainment of the night be Ken-y...


These are the... thing where you placed your chopstick when not in used. Haha. Some of it actually looks like a snake and it really freaks me out. But It does not have eyes or anything, so I can still treat it as dragon. Haha. But the naughty Ken-y still use them to scare me :( Anyway, it's a triosome relationship there. Hahahaha.


~BuHBaI~




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never eat any Japanese's foods since I'm two year old..I want to eat.. =(

Darren Kee said...

the thing is called chopstick rest or Hashioki...

mk tan said...

nihon ryouri wa totemo oishii desu ne...