Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Korean Food

Canice: Okay. No problem. If you know any "peng, leng, jeng" place, intro to me also la. Hehe. So far the place that I think nice and cheap is the Hulu Langat Thai food but then getting there is a challenge. Hehe.
Mk Tan: Patriotic la. I celebrated Merdekar in a Thai Restaurant IN MALAYSIA!! Hehe. Means despite loving Thai food, will only eat it in Malaysia lor. Or I love Malaysia's Thai restaurant more. Haha.
William: Huh? Why suddenly ask me save money? Buy you more expensive Ipod? Noway. Dream on. I also didn't use one expensive Ipod okay!!!


On the day of Merdeka itself, me and my sis and Andrew went for Korean BBQ for lunch in Ampang. This area is famous for Korean restaurant because a lot of Korean people live there. I heard from Chi Jing that there's a Korean Village there too but I don't know it's exact location. Alexia, my Korean friend, lives there too but I don't have her number, so I didn't call her that day. Anyway, this is my first time to this Korean restaurant. Me and Kitt-y's family visited the one facing the main road. I don't know that behind that row of shops is another row of shops with more Korean Restaurant. Haha. We visited .....


This restaurant. Hehe. Sis has been here for multiple times. She said it's nice and not too expensive.


We ordered pork and squid on hot plate plus chicken ginseng soup. Pork is only for 1 person portion because we're afraid that we cannot finish everything. Hehe.

These are all the side dishes that are refill-able. Some are really good but I really cannot stand the taste and smell of kimchi. So whatever that is red in colour, I did not take. Hehe.



Our pork!!!! It's really good. It was not marinated with anything, just grilled it till it's golden brown. The steel-thingy in the middle is to absorb all the fume from the grilling. But all 3 of us still smelled like BBQ when we left that restaurant. Haha.

This... omg. It's egg with... I have no idea what is inside. I think it's one of the side dishes. It's really really really really good. Yummylicious.


This is my portion of ginseng soup. It is really good too. I think the chicken is a little bit small. Haha. There were rice in the soup too. I prefer the soup without rice though... taste better :p



Ahhh... the meat is cooked. Cut into small pieces. Grilled onion on the side too.

The grilled pork was cooked by a waiter there, so I don't have any chance to play cooking ... AT ALL!!! Wrap the meat with lettuce and add....

these sauces. One is olive oil and salt, the other is raw green chillies and garlic *sniff sniff*. The red paste thinggy, I have no idea what it is but it's not bad. I can still accept it's taste. Haha.

This is our baby squid on hot plate. But the squid don't look like from baby squid becaue the tentacles are quite big. It's quite good too. Hehe.


This is the end of eating session. As you can see, the not-nice side dishes were left untouched and the empty plates with the nice side dishes were stacked up neatly on one side. Haha.

While waiting for digestion, the waiter served us with fruits and this.....

Do you know what is thi???? Take a guess please......
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
The answer is... barley water. Haha. At first I thought it's for you to wash your hand (kampung betul la me...). But sis said it's barley water for you to drink. I don't believe her at first. Even when she drink it in front of me, I still don't believe her. I take a small sip ... and hmm ... it's really barley water. Can't blame me since they served it in a bowl. Sis said it's their cup for barley water. Haha. So folks, next time people give you similar things in a Korean BBQ Restaurant, it's barley water. But I don't know about other restaurant though. Should be the same for majority of the restaurant. Haha. By the way, the barley water is really nice too. Cold and not too sweet.

See.... more Korean BBQ Restaurant on the same row. Haha. Will try other restaurant next time. Hehe.
Seriously, if you asked me which one is better (I've only tried 3 diff Korean BBQ Restaurant before), I think all are the same since all the meat that we usually ordered were not marinated. So it's really the same for me. BUT..... each Korean BBQ Restaurant has at least 1 really good side dishes. Hehe. All Korean BBQ Restaurant have their own set of side dishes but the most standard one has to be kimchi cabbage. Hehe.

My companion at the back seat of Andrew's car.

After lunch, Andrew said he wanted ice cream so I suggested Haagen Dazs in KLCC. As we got closer to KLCC, me and sis don't feel like going there because the stuff are too expensive for purchase. So we went to Sg Wang instead. We just shopped at the Roof Top area and sis bought a lot ... A LOT of stuff. Haha. I just bought a sling bag that I always wanted. Weee....

That is the end of my happy day. Today is a terible day for me because I've been reading Pharmacology whole day and I don't remember a single thing. HELP ME!!! There are so many drugs name and mechanisms to be memorised. And then, there is Oncology. Aihh..... I hope I can stuff everything into my brain as soon as possible. The most important part is able to take them out during exam to answer all the tough questions. Wish me luck!!!

~BuHBaI~


6 comments:

Chika Chika said...

nyum nyum...
jom makan-makan-makan!
u belanja :D ngee

Anonymous said...

Wah so many foooooood

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOL. next time, ask the person not to put the rice in, i also dont like the rice when its in the soup, prefer just the soup.

haha. that egg is super yummy! and their barley is way nicer than chinese barley.

got a few more restaurants there which is not too bad, perhaps we shall go try some day? :D

Darren Kee said...

of course i have a blog...i just dun tell ppl oni.haha..and ppl dun realize it even when i tell them.the place is at sri petaling.a fren's condo. it's a 1 bedroom apartment like those studio hse...very nice view and we had fun there.

Anonymous said...

hey puisee bday wan go korean bbq too.
anway...i went to the road once before...for one korean restaurant...its just korean restaurant...
the dishes that we ordered...was yummy and unique i guess... ^^