Happy New Year!! Hope that everyone will have a great and joyful year ahead. 2009 was quite a year for me. 1st of January is also my dad’s birthday. Happy Belated Birthday daddy. I know you don’t read my blog :p
Food update first :) Went to 3K Benta Kayu for breakfast with Calvin the other day. I always passed by this place but never dine in before. So when we’re deciding on what to eat for breakfast, I requested for this place when we pass by.
Ordered keropok lekor for breakfast. I still think SMTS’s keropok lekor with the sambal nasi lemak is the best every keropok lekor on earth. Calvin was surprised when I told him I don’t dip on the sweet and sour sauce. Instead, I eat the keropok just by itself :) Check our the size of the Giant Curry Puff. When I ordered, I did not expect it to be this huge okay. It’s filled with generous amount of potatoes :) In the end, we only managed to finish half of the curry puff.
Went to Sunway for shopping and visited Honeymoon again. I just can’t get enough of this place. Hey, it’s the only place that I can think of in Sunway when I’m hungry but don’t want to be too full :)
Ordered tau foo fa because have been craving for it over the weekend. My carve for hokkien noodle has yet to be satisfied. Waiting for Calvin to bring me to this place near his old college that he claims to serve good hokkien noodle. Anyway, back to Honeymoon, my tau foo fa was really good. Soft and sweet. Did not even add syrup onto it. Calvin… umm.. I forgot what it’s called. It’s basically mixed fruits, a lot of jellies and mango syrup on shaved ice. Once the ice started to melt, the whole thing looked really yucky that I lost interest on it. But Calvin managed to finish the whole thing :)
Visited Jojo’s Little Kitchen at Subang for dinner with Calvin. This place specialty is pan mee. That is what the both of us ordered.
The thin noodle actually was not what I ordered. I ordered the thick noodle. Since the kitchen staff prepared the wrong noodle for me and the staff politely asked me if I can settle with the thin noodle, I said okay. After the photograph of the noodle was taken, the staff returned with another bowl of noodle and said that I can change. Haha. Luckily I haven’t ate the noodle yet. I ordered pan mee with pork while Calvin ordered plain pan mee. Mine was a bit too salty. Maybe it’s because of the pork. But the pork meat is quite good. Quite soft but just a little bit too salty. Calvin’s plain pan mee was a huge disappointment. Yes, he did ordered plain pan mee but we were expecting something like the normal pan mee from the hawker stall. But when it arrived, it only has the noodle, black fungus and 3 pieces of green vegetables. THAT’S ALL! Even the soup tasted like normal drinking water. Tasteless!! Might as well call it as vegetarian pan mee :) By the time his noodle arrived, I’m already halfway with mine. Since I’m already full and my soup is a little bit too salty, I suggested that he transfer his noodles and the black fungus into my bowl. I diluted by salty soup with some of his normal water soup so that it’s not that salty anymore. Smart eh :)
Brought Calvin to my favourite Hainanese Chicken Rice restaurant at Ampang for lunch.
The chicken is really good. Even the chicken breast (my favourite) is soft and juicy :) Ahhh….. love the chicken rice so much.
After lunch, we headed for ice kacang nearby my house.
The stall finally re-opens after a few year of absence. After the old place was demolished, I have no idea where this ice kacang stall moved to. It’s now operating just opposite my favourite economy rice stall :) Happy happy. The simple but yummy yellow-colour-jelly served with limau still taste as good as it used to be. Ahhhh…. thank you for coming back :)
That’s all for the food update. Have been spending a lot of time with my pink Nintendo lately. The games are really addictive and very hard to finish :p Even Calvin is addicted to the Contra and Super Mario now :)
New year’s resolution for 2010??
1. Lose weight …. or at least maintain my weight below 50kg… SO HARD TO DO LEH!! I will try my best :) Eat healthily :)
2. Spend more time with my Baby and make sure she gets the right nutrients. Cleans her cage more often. Pay more attention to her so that can straight bring her to vet once notice something is wrong. Make her the most beautiful dog in the world :p
3. Sponsor a child. Still figuring out how to do it monthly.
4. Work hard and learn how to do assessment.
5. Exercise at least…. once a week :) Walking from my place to the fax machine will be my daily exercise :) HAHAHA :)
6. Save money for my “projects”.
7. Spend more time with family and friends.
8. Buy “the” bag :) Somehow this contradicts with my Number 6.
9. Save more money for the future. Don’t binge shopping. Spend wisely. (this will be the toughest resolution)
10. Sleep more :) HAHAHAHAHA! As in rest more so that I will be all healthy and pretty :) hehe :)
11. Update my blog more often, instead of once a week :p
12. Improve my temper management. Never look back.
13. Read more, not just only Cleo magazines :p
14. Visit my grandparents more often. Not only during CNY. I know my grandma miss me very much.
15. Increase the amount of non-black clothes and heels :)
Hope that I can do all of these for the year 2010 :)
Happy New Year again