Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 6 – Eiffel Tower, Perfume and Bagsss

I love Day 6 as we don’t have to pack our bags. We will be staying in the same hotel for 2 night before leaving for England. Woohooooo.

Today will be the day I officially fell in love with Paris because everything I are very beautiful. It really deserve the name City of Love :)

  Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

RIMG0618

RIMG0623 RIMG0629

RIMG0635

We went back to the square that we passed by last night and got down from the bus to take photographs. The view at night and day is totally different. I think all the buildings look nicer at night when the lights are one. Initially view the Eiffel tower form far before actually going on top of the tower. It’s actually quite cold that day. The top of the tower was covered, hence only the body was viewable.

 

RIMG0647

RIMG0650

Fragonard is a perfume museum. If I don’t have 7 perfumes with me, I would have bought a few there. Most of them smell really nice. Bought egg looking soap for dad. Really cute. Bought one perfume for Calvin which I absolutely love the smell. He said that now he has perfumes that could last for 2 to 3 years. What about me? I have 7, which means it will last about… 10 years? OMG!!! Anyway, we cannot take photographs inside the museum. So no more photos of this place except the entrance. Hehe.

 

After that, we went around the city again. Able to see more of the city compared to last night.

RIMG0653

RIMG0659

RIMG0667

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

RIMG0676

Do you have any idea what is that? It’s the back side of The Thinker. Hahahaha. Only caught a glimpse of his… backside. Haha.

 

 RIMG0689

We went to the place where people claim is the front of the Eiffel Tower. How they know that it is the front? I have no idea.

 

After that, we went to…

RIMG0698

The Eiffel Tower. Seriously, I think the tower is only pretty from far. If you go underneath it or went up to the viewing portion of the tower, it is really not nice. Just like a huge junk of metal tower.

 

 RIMG0704

RIMG0706

 RIMG0712

RIMG0716

RIMG0718

RIMG0719

RIMG0720

The tower and the view from the view of the city up there. It’s freezing cold up there. I have to hide my hands in the pockets. Brrr…

 

After that, we went for lunch.

RIMG0724

RIMG0731

RIMG0732

RIMG0733

RIMG0735

RIMG0737

Managed to buy Eiffel Towers as souvenirs for my colleagues and Calvin’s mum. They come in different size and colours. But bringing the towers this big is a challenge. Haha.

 

 RIMG0749

We went to The Lourve again but this time we went to the basement level to see the inverted pyramid and the tiny pyramid underneath it. Love the glass structure very much.

 

After that, we went for a river cruise again. It’s quite boring and cold. My mum fell asleep. Boring is because we saw the buildings that we have seen on the bus. So, next time you are there, better not take the cruise. Haha.

RIMG0796

RIMG0758

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

RIMG0760 RIMG0761  RIMG0763

RIMG0764

RIMG0765

RIMG0766

RIMG0767

       RIMG0775 

RIMG0776

RIMG0777

 RIMG0781

 RIMG0783   RIMG0785

RIMG0786

RIMG0787

  RIMG0790

 RIMG0792

   RIMG0797

 RIMG0799

RIMG0800

RIMG0801

RIMG0802

 

RIMG0804

 

RIMG0806

RIMG0807

RIMG0808

  

RIMG0813

RIMG0814

RIMG0815

 

RIMG0816

RIMG0817

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

  These are what we saw along the cruise. There was a couple kissing on the walkway along the river. So romantic. Even a couple taking wedding photographs. I bet all of the French people have the most pretty wedding photographs as their city is so beautiful. Now I understand why do people travel to places like Europe, Taiwan and Australia to take their wedding photographs. But damn expensive weh. I would like to say I want but then I don’t think it’s really worth it. Unless I met my future husband there. Haha.

After that, we went to Galleries LaFayette for shopping. Branded goods!! Bought a Gucci bag and 2 Longchamp bags. None of them are in pink colour. Apparently pink colour bags are the most popular items for bags okay. Hehe. The one pink Gucci that I wanted to get was sold out but I saw one in England. Oh well, it’s okay. There’s always Hong Kong *hint hint hint*.

 

After shopping, we went for French dinner. 

 

RIMG0827

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                               

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

It’s absolutely yummy. The escargots are delicious. Love them very much. Normal way of cooking. Just olive oil and onion and pop into the oven for baking. Main course will be salmon and potatoes, both are my favourite food. As for dessert, we had pie. Really yummy as well. Love the dinner very much. Absolutely yummy. Hehe.

~BuHBaI~

No comments: