Monday, July 26, 2010

Girls gathering at The Havens

I suggested for a girls gathering few weeks ago as I missed them so much and it will be the first time for two new male member to join our gang :) Suggested The Havens at Look Out Point as it we can enjoy the scenery while chatting the nights away. The last time I was the, the food was really good.

Me and Calvin with Tsuey Wenn reached there quite on time and waited for 1 hour plus for the vain ones to arrive. All ended up reaching late. Tsk tsk tsk. International time betul. Haha.

Their menu has changed. Totally different from my first visit there. They have taken out some of the food from the previous menu. The current one is much simpler. Deciding what to eat is still the most challenging thing ever. Wanted to try nearly everything, I asked Calvin to choose one food for me and not telling me what it is. I will just eat whatever that is served in front of me. When he was placing order that time, I just closed my ears. Haha.

 

IMAG0166

In the end, Calvin ordered Surf and Turf for me which is lamb and prawns. The lamb was quite good. But the prawns were not really fresh. I am quite unlucky with prawns nowadays even though they are one of my favourite dish. I always get the not fresh one :(

 

IMAG0167

Vince’s salmon which is quite good. Presentation was really beautiful especially when the grill lines are very visible on the meat. Love this very much on the first bite. Hehe.

 

IMAG0168

A lot of people ordered this. Taste wise, so-so only. Normal chicken chop la… haha.

 

IMAG0169

This is the nasi lemak which I did not taste. Not in the mood for rice that day but the sambal looks really good here. Hehe. But the if they give me fried egg, I won’t be too happy. I prefer hard boiled egg :)

 

IMAG0170

Grilled chicken with sausage was really dried. I don’t really like black pepper sauce cause it is always inconsistent in taste at different place. Since it’s quite dry, I don’t really like this dish.

 

IMAG0172

This is the huge pizza that Deane and Pui See ordered. I forgot how it tasted like but should but so-so only. Or else, I would have remember if it’s really good or really bad. Hehe.

Overall, this place is so-so only after they have changed the menu. I still prefer my stingray rice on my last visit there. Absolutely yummy. But then it’s a better place to hang out compared to Gasoline cause their food really sucks to the max.

 

~BuHBaI~

No comments: