Monday, August 9, 2010

The random food outing :)

Below are some random places that me and Calvin went to few weeks ago for food. Some are really good, I must say.

My favourite will be Snowflake in Subang Jaya. This place is always full of people. But I have this sudden crave for ice food and die die also must eat something there. So we queued up and initial plan was to take away but then when we were near the counter, there’s an empty table just next to it. So we decided to dine in instead. Since we were first timer, we ordered the top seller / most famous one.

IMAG0282

We did not pour the fresh milk that they gave us because we figured out it will taste super weird. So we ate the whole thing as it is. The orange and white squarish thing is something like mochi but with yam and another flavour which I cannot identify. Beneath the brown colour jellies are shaved ice in some kind of brown syrup. The good thing about this place is you can actually inform the cashier when you place your order the level of sweetness that you prefer. Perfect for people like me who don’t really fancy food that is very sweet. Anyway, I love this so much that I craved for this last night when I can’t sleep. Haha.

I really cannot live without fast food. Even though I am fully aware that it’s actually very unhealthy and with the cases that I have been doing everyday (amount of cardiovascular disease and diabetes patients grew rapidly where the youngest age of the patients kept on reducing) are a big sign for me to say no for the temptations, I do visit the famous fast food chain once in a while. Unhealthy for a meal but will make up for it on the rest of the week :) A small promise to myself and also to make sure that my food partner (Calvin) is a healthy Pooh :p

Anyway, during my off day last month, I went to Times Square for lunch session with him. I suggested KFC since I heard so much about the new item that was being promoted on the radio everyday. So we ordered one Toasted Pocketful plus dinner plate so that we can share them.

  IMAG0260

IMAG0259

IMAG0258

The Toasted Pocketful is so-so for us but I love the sauce. Somehow I think it’s really a big hassle to eat the thing from it’s packaging. I have to remove part of the packaging after every 3 bites. I can’t remove too much or the content will be spilling all over the place. Hehe. I ate half of it and one pieces of chicken breast.

Another new item from fast food that I tried will be the GCB. McD has always been my favourite place since I was young. But my menu will only be McChicken, McNuggets and Ayam Goreng McD. Once in a while I will have their porridge. I don’t really like the other burgers because most of them have cheese. Me no likey cheese.

IMAG0272

Anyway, the GCB is really good. For me, the G will means Great-licious. Haha. The best thing about this burger is no cheese :) Me likey very muchie. Hope that this will be permanent in their menu *fingers crossed*

 

IMAG0277

Ikea’s curry puff for breakfast never fail to make my day. This is why I put a pink love in the photograph as well. Maybe it’s because they have more potatoes than meat. Seriously, I have no idea why I love potatoes so much. I am eating so much potatoes that I may look like one sometime in the future!!! Oh no!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the food that I always go crazy about for the last few weeks in AAN.

IMAG0273

Tapper’s Caesar's Salad. I have been going back again and again for this. Seriously, I really love this place very much. Their breakfast sets are really good. Especially the American breakfast that comes with mushroom. I usually asked them to take out the sunny side up for me and gave me extra mushroom instead. Oh, they have these scones for tea time as well. Really good. I missed this place so much :(

 

There was this time when I need to go Gucci boutique in Pavillion to solve my bag mystery problem. I’m glad that it’s all sorted out now. Hehe. Anyway, me and Calvin headed to the food court because I wanted the fried prawn noodle. I loved the one that I had in Singapore very much even though it’s a long wait in queue.

IMAG0269

IMAG0268

But the one in Pavillion is not as good as the one from Singapore. They used totally different noodle as well. The amount of of chilli that they gave me was very little as well. Calvin don’t really like the noodle cause he found it sour. But I love sour food, so me likey. Hehe. He ordered some yee mee in small wok thingy, which I don’t really like cause the noodle was quite hard. Eeeee…. Hehe. Can’t wait for my upcoming Singapore trip!! Wooohooo!!

Enough of eating out. I explored the amazing world of instant food from home during my off days. My current favourite will be the chicken porridge.

 IMAG0278

IMAG0279

I was greeted by 2 aluminium packaging of seasoning, a foldable plastic spoon and oats-lookalike. I put half of the seasoning into the cut and one full packet of processed vegetables. Poured hot water into the cup. I prefer my porridge to be a little bit dry, so I poured hot water until it reached half of the cup. When I realised that the water level decreased a little bit after that, I poured a little bit more.

 

IMAG0280

The end product after 3 minutes. Stirred the whole thing and was greeted by this thick porridge. Poured tiny amount of soya sauce and stirred. I really love the porridge very much. Really convenient and meatless. Might try other brand in the future. Hehe.

That’s my random food adventure for the past month. More foodie update coming really soon :)

~BuHBaI~

No comments: