Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tamarind Hill for Anniversary :)

28th of July 2010 was an emotional day for me. It’s my last day in AAN and also me and Calvin’s 1st year anniversary. Sad, near to tears, surprised and happy. All mixed into an unforgettable day for me.

For AAN colleagues, I miss all of you very much. Saying goodbye is hard. Even harder to people whom I been together with for the past 2 years. Hardest to people whom I treat as part of my family and have been watching me grow. I have learnt a lot from this company. From work related to aspects of life. I am happy to be part of this big family and will never forget all of you. I love you all!!!

After saying good bye and taking photographs with all the important people from this big family, Calvin picked me up from the office. I have no idea where we were heading. He only told me that it’s in KL area. So we headed to Jalan Sultan Ismail and he turned into this parking area before KFC building. I was surprised that there’s actually a restaurant at this place.

We got off the car and have to climbed up the stairs to reach the restaurant.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

The stairs was decorated nicely and I loved the mini cups of oil and fire along the way. Really pretty. I don’t really know what type of food that we will be having from the bottom. Halfway up the stairs, there were banners of the restaurant on the right and it was Thai food! Yippie!! But I have never visited a Thai restaurant this classy and beautiful.

 

Calvin lead me into the restaurant. I can’t help looking left and right of the restaurant when the waiter lead us to our table. The restaurant was nicely decorated with traditional Thai clothes. They have outdoor seats as well.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

I really love the interior design of the restaurant. Really classy. I would never have guessed that this is a Thai restaurant. Most of the classy restaurants usually serve Western food. But this has to be the most beautiful Thai restaurant that I have been to so far.

Anyway, while ooh-ing and ahh-ing on the way in, I did not notice our table. Why I called it our table? First of all, I have no idea what Calvin made reservation for the table. Second of all,

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

there was a bouquet of blue rose at the side of the table. I did not notice the flowers until we were 2 or 3 steps away from the table. First of all, I was only looking left and right on the way in. Secondly, the waiter was walking right in front of me, so he kind of blocked the table from my view. Thirdly, I did not put on my glasses so I can’t really see that far. Haha. I was really surprised when I saw the flowers. They were really pretty!! Awww….. so sweet of him.

Once we settled down and ordered our food, he told me about what he done to have all these set up. First, he ordered the flowers and they were ready around 2pm that day. He was a bit worried of being late (he is the most punctual person I know, which is one of the reason I love him) to pick me up from the office as he has no idea where the restaurant is. After picking the flowers from the florist, he went to the restaurant with the help of Minmin. When he reached the place, he reserved a table for us. He wanted to reserve the outdoor table as it is more beautiful outside but then he is worried that it may be hot for me outside and also the mosquitoes. So he reserved a table indoor. He gave them the flowers and asked them put it on the side of the table. After that, he rushed to my office. Since by the time he left the restaurant it was near after office hour, it started to jam. Being a really responsible person, he sms-ed me that he will be late (another reason of loving this guy) so that I won’t have to wait so long at 7-11. How thoughtful right?!?! Hehe.

Anyway, I enjoyed myself very much that night. It was really romantic and I’m touched by all his effort to make the dinner very special for me. He know that I’m upset of leaving the company and all stressed up for the past few months with work and also the decision to change company. So he prepared all the things that I love to make me happy and also celebrate the wonderful year that we have been through. His surprise worked really well. It left me speechless and can’t help aww-ing. Hehe.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

They gave us welcome drink and appetizer. Since it’s raw salmon, I gave Calvin my portion as well.  He said it tasted quite good and special. Hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

This is the best tom yum soup ever. Cooked with fresh big prawns and other seafood, the soup is really sweet, sour and little bit of spicy. Really yummy. Love it!!

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Our dinner for the night. Fried duck meat with special sauce, cod fish and vegetable. All of them were really good. I love the cod fish the most. The chef is able to maintain the freshness and sweetness of the fish. The duck meat was really special. Something new to us . Oh, I love the way they cook the vegetable as well because it came with mushroom. Yummy!!!

Overall, I really love their food very much. Definitely will be back to try other dishes. It is currently my top favourite place for Thai food.

Other than that, their toilet sink is really special as well. Love the way they come out with the idea to replace the normal tap.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

It is actually a rectangular area filled with water and when you turn the knob, the water will overflow into the wooden “pipe” and into the sink. Nicely designed. By the way, photo was taken by Calvin in the toilet, which is also one of the reason why I love him. He knows I love to blog of places I have been to and also about the good, normal and bad food that I have tasted. He will be the one taking all the beautiful photographs for me while I’m busying looking around. He will walk around the restaurant and take photographs without me asking him to. He will help me photoshop some of the photographs so that it will be nicer to post in facebook and also in my blog. Really nice and thoughtful of him. Whenever I take photographs of food and places, he will never think that I’m being a kampung girl or it might embarrass him. N.E.V.E.R. He will be very patient with me taking few shots of the food, even though he’s really hungry. Not everyone can do that and be so patient with my hobby. But my pooh pooh can!! He will do it for me without me asking. Aww…..

That is how I spent my 28th of July 2010. An ordinary day to most of you but it is the most special day that I will not forget. Thank you so much for everything dear. I really appreciate every effort that you have made, all those planning and execution of the plans. Thank you for cheering me up when I am down and assuring me everything will be alright. But deep down I know that everything will be alright cause you are always by my side. Everything will be much better when you are in the picture.

 

RIMG0142b You know I love you :) and nothing will change that.

~BuHBaI~

No comments: