Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 Birthday

My birthday for this year can be described by a few words; happy, surprised, peaceful and tiring. Happy because ING has this portal that other staffs can view who is/are the birthday boy or girl of the day. So my colleagues who viewed the portal knew that it’s my birthday and I got a lot of wishes from them. Even a big hug from one of the medical team people. Thank you all very much for making me feel like part of the family :)

I even received presents from those who are close to me.

IMAG0283 They gave me this portable fan that is super duper cute. There’s a button just below the neck area. When you push it, the head will open and there’s a fan behind it. But this thing itself is very cute. I can’t stop laughing every time I turn it on. Calvin even can imitate how this thing works. Hehe.

IMAG0281 A birthday card filled with pigs, hand made especially for me :) I have not received a birthday card for quite some time. A hand made birthday card, in specific. Awww…….. Thank you very much.

For dinner that night, Calvin brought me to a special place that I have never been to. No matter how much I interrogate him, he will not give a single clue except I have never been to this place before. He fooled me quite well by using a GPS to navigate himself to this place.

My birthday dinner was at Smoke House, Bangsar.

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                               Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              Calvin has made a table reservation for us upstairs. In face, the reservation was made by him in person, as in he actually went to the place earlier to make a table reservation so that we can be seated at a corner and have our dinner in private :) Hence, the empty place when we arrived. Hehe. At least we were left alone for 20 minutes before other customers arrived.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              This was waiting for me at the table :) How nice :) Weee….. blue rose again :) I am the luckiest girl on earth :)

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              It matches my blue working dress for that day as well :) Blue if nearly my new pink. Haha.

 Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              Our drinks for the night. Honey dew juice for him and pink guave for me. We wanted something simple yet refreshing for our meal. Calvin said that his honey dew was really good; really fresh and no sugar added.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                               

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                               

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              We ordered 2 appetizers to be shared. Our waiter for the night, Colin, he’s the best waiter that I have met so far. Very polite and understanding towards customer needs. He is not the type that will only recommend expensive food to the customers. He will listen to what the customer needs and preferences before giving his own opinion. He suggested that we share the Caesar's Salad and mushroom soup so that we could taste a little bit of both. I ordered the plain salad because there is enough meat already at our main dishes. The mushroom soup was the few special one that we have tasted so far. It’s brown in colour and we can actually taste the button mushroom from the soup. Both of us love it very much.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              Colin recommended Wellington beef to Calvin and cod fish for me. Calvin’s Wellington beef was absolutely yummy. It is actually beef wrapped by thin slice of potato. Went really well with the sauce :) Me like. My cod fish was not bad either. It may look small but it is actually quite thick. I nearly can’t finish the whole portion. I love the simplicity of cooking style as we can still taste the original taste of the dishes :)

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                               

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                              My birthday cake for the night!! Just what I wanted from RT Cake house. We were surprised that the cake was actually pineapple cake with lots of strawberries on top. We even gave Colin a slice of the cake as appreciation of him doing a good job serving us that night. But I still prefer the chocolate cake from RT Cake House. Absolutely heaven :)

RIMG0042 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE                                               

RIMG0040 Colin was kind enough to help us take photographs around the restaurant. It was really kind of him. We quickly took a few photographs so that he could resume his job. The owner of the restaurant was very friendly as well. Before he left, he went all the way to the entrance to wish me Happy Birthday in person and thanking us for our visit. I noticed that they have special Thai menu as well. Will definitely be back to try their Thai food. The meal that night was very yummy and the price very reasonable. Plus with excellent service from the waiter, what more can we ask for? Hehe.

I would like to thank my Pooh for arranging the special dinner for me that night. Thank you so much for everything and all the effort and time that you put in. You always surprised me every time with your creative ideas :) Thank you :) Lap euu :)

~BuHBaI~

No comments: