Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010 :)

I love festive season for a few reasons. Public holiday = no need to work; chance to get together with family and friends; food, food, food, food, food and food. I realised last week that we can’t really separate celebration from food. Whenever that we need to celebrate, food will be the main agenda. I guess everyone will be happy after filling their tummy with delicious food. Each celebration have their one unique food. Like for CNY, yee sang is a must. For Christmas, turkey is a must. In my case, western food is a must. Haha.

Me and Calvin has this tradition of dressing up nicely, as in me in dress and him in button shirt, for special occasion dinner. It will also be the time where Calvin will bring along a camera so that it would be easier to snap photographs of ourself and also the food.

For Christmas, Calvin made a table reservation for us at Jake’s Charbroil. I used to pass by that place all the time when I was still working in PJ but never have a chance to try their food. On my last girl gathering, Wai Leng told us her experience at this place and praised their food. I went back and told Calvin about it and we agreed that we will be there for Christmas dinner. We do not want to be stuck in the jam on Christmas Eve, hence we choose to dine on Christmas day itself, which was a wise decision. No traffic jam Smile

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Us getting ready. Red will be the main colour as it was Christmas. Luckily I have a red dress. I love Calvin’s red shirt, casually formal. Since he is fair, he looks good in practically any colour. Hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Our table was at the first floor of the restaurant. Even though the restaurant is quite small, but it has a friendly and cozy ambience in it. Very family oriented.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

For starters, we shared a chicken mushroom soup and half dozen of escargots. The soup was just normal canned mushroom soup with chunks of chicken meat. I was a little bit dissapointed with the soup, seriously. I thought that it will be home made type with coarse mushroom chunks in it. Escargot is just olive oil and some spices. Calvin preferred the one from Windmill but I actually love escargot prepared this way. Maybe I don’t really fancy cheese baked food, so olive oil and spices are actually the best combination for me. Our fruit juices were the best; orange for me and honeydew for him. Really fresh with no sugar added. Yummy…

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

We read that their steaks are very good and expensive as well. Calvin ordered the Australian Wagyu Ribeye which is above RM150 for 230g. But it was really worth the price. There meat was cooked until medium well and it was really soft and juicy. I absolutely love it. I ordered the weekend special (whish is only available on weekend), rack of lamb with mint bernaise. This has to be the best rack of lamb that I had, by far. Juicy and soft as well, the meat did not stick to the bone, which means it was good stuff. Both of us were very pleased and satisfied with our meal that day. I love the portion of the food with the side dishes, not too big. You won’t feel bloated or full up to the neck after the meal. Still a little space for ice cream… hehe.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

We ordered the simple vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup to be shared. What a simple way to end our dinner.

 

Exif_JPEG_PICTURE

If you want to reward yourself or your loved one for a wonderful year, you should really visit this place and order their steaks. Expensive than the average but worth every penny (or ringgit). Definitely will be back for more… Thank you Calvin for the wonderful dinner. Have a nice talk over dinner and we did a short recap of the wonderful food of year 2010, which inspire me for the upcoming post. Hehe

~BuHBaI~

No comments: