Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Courtyard Garden – Finally :)

One week after the spicy meal at Aliyaa, we went back to the same place again but this time to visit the place that we initially wanted to go.

IMAG0358

IMAG0366The name of the place is Courtyard Garden, just next to Aliyaa. I can’t recall the name of the place when I first visited it few years ago but the interior is still the same. Their menu definitely changed over the years.

 

IMAG0348 

IMAG0349 

IMAG0350 

IMAG0351 

IMAG0352 

IMAG0353 

IMAG0354 The interior of the restaurant was decorated romantically. Perfect a quiet dinner for two. But they also have bigger tables for a small gathering. They have indoor and outdoor seats. I’m a magnet to mosquitoes so we requested for indoor seats. They have a rack filled with wines at the entrance and another cabinet of cigars at the other side. Perfect for those who enjoy luxury “appetizer” and “dessert”. Hehe.

 

IMAG0356Our drinks for the night, ice lemon tea and orange juice. For the past few weeks, I have bad luck with straws as they tend to have a tiny hole on them and super difficult for me to enjoy my drink with sucking in air as well. Haha.

 IMAG0359 

IMAG0360 

IMAG0362 

IMAG0365

The two of us shared a seafood chowder, Caesar's Salad, mixed grill and hot chocolate pudding. I have to fit in a small dress for the following day annual dinner, hence I dare not eat much so that I won’t look like a pregnant lady. The soup and salad were for me but I shared it with Calvin because I wanted to have a few bites of meat as well. The soup was quite good. I think the portion is just right for a starter/appetizer as some restaurant serve really big portion of starter/appetizer. I am usually full before my main arrives. So I prefer smaller portion of starter/appetizer so that I could enjoy my remaining course without a bloated stomach at the end of the meal. The mix grill came together with egg and lemon sauce. It was quite nice and I have never try this before. Both of us love the lamb and Calvin said that the steak was only so-so, the one at Tony Roma’s is much better. Haha. The chocolate pudding was served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream at the side. The middle of the pudding was filled with warm chocolate syrup!! But both of us still prefer the one from Cafe Cafe. Heavenly nice :)

After dinner and gossip session about work and friends, we left the restaurant with a full stomach and headed home to sleep. That is how both of us spend a night together. But we don’t indulge on expensive all the time, maybe once or twice in a month. We can still gossip whole night long over a plate of chicken rice. Haha :)

Looking forward this weekend for more nice food. Will be trying out a restaurant that has been around KL for a really long time and Calvin said all the waitress are aunty in their late 30s and 40s :p Excited betul!!!

~BuHBaI~

No comments: